2023 General Election
This year’s General Election falls on Tuesday, November 7, 2023. All seats in the Virginia state legislature, or General Assembly, and numerous local offices are subject to election this year. See Voter Information for deadlines and registration.
Floyd County ballots this year will include:
- State House Delegate for District 47, to a two-year term;
- State Senator for District 7, to a four-year term;
- Soil and Water Conservation District members, to four-year terms;
- Courthouse officials: County Clerk, Treasurer, Commissioner of Revenue, and Sheriff, as well as Supervisors and School Board members in the Locust Grove, Little River, and Burks Fork Districts.
- Two Town Council members will be elected to four-year terms, in Town of Floyd only.
Renie Gates, Democratic candidate for Virginia Senate District 7
Renie cares about Gun Safety, Care for the Elderly, Agriculture & Sustainability, Women and Family Rights, Veterans, Affordable Housing, Substance Abuse, and Broadband Access.
Patty Quesenberry, Democratic candidate for Virginia House of Delegates District 47
Patty cares about Climate Crisis, Childcare, Housing, Infrastructure, Mental Health/Substance Abuse Disorder, Responsible Gun Ownership, Women’s Rights, Campaign Finance Reform, and Worker’s Rights.
2023 Voter Information
Early Voting: September 22 – November 4
Vote early in person at the Floyd County Registrar’s Office, 100 E. Main St. #302, Floyd, VA 24091. Monday-Friday, 9am – 5pm, plus two Saturdays: October 28 & November 4.
Voter Registration: October 16 deadline
If you are a U.S. citizen and Virginia resident, and will be 18 years old by November 7, 2023, you may register at the Floyd County Registrar’s Office or online at iwillvote.com. We can also register you at our campaign office at 115 West Main Street, Floyd, VA 24091 (two doors up from Chic’s Antiques).
Vote by Mail: October 27, 5pm deadline
Apply to vote by mail at the Floyd County Registrar’s Office or visit the state Department of Elections. Mail your ballot in the postage-paid envelope postmarked by November 7 to be received by November 10.
Late Registration for Provisional Voting
Register as late as Election Day and use a provisional ballot.
Election Day: Tuesday, November 7
Election Day: November 7
Polls open at 6 a.m. and close at 7 p.m. Vote at the polling location indicated on your Voter Registration card. If you are unsure of your voting district, find it at the Virginia Department of Elections.
On Election Day, voters in the Locust Grove district vote at Check Elementary School; Little River district at Floyd Elementary School; Courthouse district at Floyd County High School; Burks Fork district at Check Elementary School, and Indian Valley district at Indian Valley Elementary.
- Check Elementary School, 6810 Floyd Hwy N, Check VA 24072
- Floyd Elementary School, 531 Oak Hill Dr SE, Floyd VA 24091
- Floyd County High School, 721 Baker St SE, Floyd VA 24091
- Willis Elementary School, 5075 Floyd Hwy S, Floyd VA 24380
- Indian Valley Elementary School, 4130 Indian Valley Rd NW, Radford, VA 24141